This question isn't strictly about gallery representation or portfolios so if I'm off topic I apologize.

I have a question about using Paypal to invoice buyers who purchase my artwork. I'm all set up to use Paypal but when creating an invoice there is a line for sales tax. I'm totally clueless about this. Do I charge sales tax? How much? Does it depend on where I live or where the buyer lives? If I don't charge sales tax will I get in trouble? Thanks

Views: 54

Replies to This Discussion

I'm following this. On the same boat!

Here is information about the tax implications of donating art. This blog post provide a good overview of the tax considerations.
http://robergtaxsolutions.com/2011/06/tax-tips-for-artists-why-you-...
Roberg Tax Solutions is a local tax firm that represents several artists.(Full disclosure, the owner is Jan Roberg, my spouse.)

RSS

STL Area Visual Art Happenings

STL is so lucky to have such masterpieces minutes away! Please take advantage of all SLAM has to offer!

MUSEUM HOURS

Tuesday–Sunday, 10:00 am–5:00 pm Friday, 10:00 am–9:00 pm Closed Monday Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. The Museum is open New Year's Day.

ADMISSION

Admission to the Museum is free every day. Admission to featured exhibitions is free on Friday.

Click here for more details

© 2017   Created by MySLART.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service